Pella, Wisconsin celebrating 150 years in 2010.
The first white settlers to inhabit the Town of Pella were European immigrants who came to the United States from Pommern, Germany. After first settling in Dodge county they moved to the area they christened Pella, a Biblical reference meaning place of refuge. Those earliest settlers included Christian Lade, William Moldenhauer, Herman Schwartz, Friedrich Schultz, Friedrich Braun, William Papendorf, Carl Wolf, Carl Ehricke, August Moericke, William and John Hehman, Peter Hoppe, Ferdinand Mussack, Ferdinand Buelter, Fredrick Ebert, Julius Schilling, William Westphal, G. Schwertfeger, Fredrich Kranz, Carl Klebesadel Sr. Carl Klebasadel Jr.,Ernest Pockat, Friedrich Wichmann,John and Gottlieb Mansee, John Genskow,August Bosin, William Reinke, Daniel Zimdars, William Rosenow and August Koeppen.
The first school was opened in the 1850’s eventually know as the Fairview School. The first church was Bethlehem Lutheran Church organized in 1859.